Thursday, March 7, 2013

Unforeseen Circumstance

It didn't take long to arrive at the secluded. run down motel on the outskirts of Bixby. Audrey sat quietly in the passenger's seat of my car, anxiously chewing on her lip and ringing her hands in her lap. I stared at her for a moment. I knew she could feel my gaze, because she turned to look at me.

"Are you alright?" I questioned.

She laughed and smiled nervously, while nodding her head. She was a really bad liar, but what could I do? She agreed to go; I didn't force her. Although, I did strategically perform certain actions so as to play her emotions. I wanted her desperately. I needed to possess her. She was like that forbidden fruit. She's that one person that seems so off-limits that you cannot help but desire, with everything inside of you, to take her as your own. And she was playing right into my hand. I had a very specific plan, one that I had spent the last year setting up. Rhyan won't like it, but since when did that stop me? She would get over it and forgive me just like she always does. Audrey, on the other hand, would never be the same, and I welcomed that change.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a white, four-door sedan pull up in from of room 127, the room that Marco liked to make all of his "transactions" in. Three muscle heads climbed out of the car, and made their way to the driver's side. Standing guard, they looked around, and Marco emerged. He was quite the spectacle, with his narrow, blood shot eyes constantly scanning his surroundings, perpetually messy red hair, and tight jaundiced skin. He obviously hadn't shaved in a week or so, because thick, dark red facial hair made him look wild and scruffy. His clothes, however, were polished and clean- despite the dirt caked on his face and hands. He was thin, too thin. He looked worse than he did the last time I saw him. You could see every bone in his body painfully stretching his sickly skin.

He looked at my car, said something to the black muscle-head next to him, who then motioned toward us, and ushered Marco into the motel room. I opened my door and started to get out, but Audrey grabbed my arm. The fear in her eyes and the trembling of her voice betrayed her, and her internal turmoil became evident.

"Are you going to leave me here?" She asked quickly.

I laughed, "Well... Do you really want to come in?"

She looked around, "No! I mean, YES! Please? I'd rather be with you. I don't want you to leave me alone."

She looked like she was going to cry.

"I thought you liked being alone?" I teased.

"OWEN!" She shrieked.

"Alright, alright." I just couldn't help but laugh at her.

She got out of the car and ran to my side. As I stood next to her, she slipped her around through mine, enforced a death grip, and we walked to room 127.

Before I could knock, the same muscle head who called us over, opened the door and pulled us in. One of the others locked the door while the black guy searched me for weapons. Then he grabbed Audrey and she began to panic.

"Whoa! Whoa! Dude... don't grab her like that! It's not necessary." I looked at Audrey, "Bird? Calm down. It's going to be okay. He's just making sure you're not wired or carrying weapons." I declared.

The black guy looked at her and immediately softened his grip. I gave Audrey a reassuring look and I could see her try to relax. When he was finished he let her go.

"Go sit there." He said pointing to the empty chair at the table across from a fierce looking Samoan. She slowly made her way to the chair and slid into it.

At that moment, Marco exited the bathroom and immediately saw Audrey.

"Oh? And who might this lovely creature be?" He hissed, flicking his tongue suggestively.

"She's of no concern to you." I snapped.

He glared at me, and the overgrown frat boy in the corner moved closer, but Marco held up his hand to stop him. He then retreated back to his corner and crossed his arms over his puffed up chest.

"Fine. So I called you because I need more blow." He sneered, still staring at Audrey, who was now looking at the floor and fidgeting in her chair.

"Where's the money from last time?" I asked.

"Well you see Owen, you and I have some business to take care of." He smirked and motioned to the couch across the room.

Marco leaned on the arm, so I made my way to it and sat at the opposite end of him. The green, velvet fabric, now crusty and full of holes, gave off a putrid smell. The cushions were so flat I might as well have been sitting on the concrete outside, but I tried to stay focused on the present situation. We wouldn't be there much longer, or so I thought.

"Alright, so here's the deal. You and your SAMCRO friends cost me a lot of money. When you intercepted the Mayans shipment- you ruined a very big deal for me. Now, I'm being pressured to supply what I don't have. Since I know that you played a very important role in screwing me over... You're gonna fix it. Got me?" He was now standing, and raised and eyebrow anticipating my answer. I looked at Audrey quickly- she was antsy. I needed to hurry and get her out of here, this wasn't what I was expecting.

"Owen? You lost there, little buddy?" He patronized.

I turned to look at him, glaring. He got the point.

"Is that a no?" He asked, faking surprise.

"You know I can't do anything. SAMCRO is bigger than the both of us. There is nothing I can do for you. You want it that bad? Call Jax, and ask him yourself. I'm in no position to promise or give you anything. You know that."

I started to get up, but a the black muscle-head had crept up behind me and pushed me down by my shoulders. Audrey flinched.

"Fine. I'll have to force your hand. Armour?" And he nodded.

Suddenly, the Samoan across from Audrey grabbed he arm and pulled her across the table, holding a gun to her head. She screamed, and the black guy behind me held me down.

"What the hell are you doing, Marco?" I yelled.

"Such a waste," he said, "She's sch a fine specimen." He walked toward her. He then gently placed his hand on her cheek, stroking it lightly. Then Audrey did something unexpected. She bit down on his hand as hard as she could,  causing the Samoan to let go in surprise- dropping the gun somewhere on the floor. She then grabbed the back of Marco's head with both of her hands and brought his head slamming down onto her already raised knee. Marco dropped to the floor, unconscious.

The Samoan went after Audrey, while the frat boy, attended to Marco. Knowing that this was my only chance, I whipped around and stabbed the black guy in the gut with the switchblade I pulled from my pocket. I gave it a sharp twist, and he fell, holding his stomach, covered in blood.

I ran to Audrey's aid, but before I could get to her the Samoan broke her wrist. You could hear the crack reverberating through the room which was followed by her shrill cry of agony. I lost it. I jumped on his back, plunging my knife deep into his neck. I did it over and over again until he was on the floor, unmoving. Blood was everywhere- on my clothes, my hands, my face, the wall, and even on Audrey. I wasn't going to think about the fact that I had just killed two people, so I kept going. I turned to face the swollen, frat boy, but just as I did, I met his fist. It knocked me backwards over the table, and as I was attempting to get up I felt a sharp pain in my back, and then another. I was certain I had been stabbed, but everything got fuzzy. Just before I blacked out there were two gun shots, and I was sure that Audrey was dead. Then everything went black.

6 comments:

  1. I like how everyones response has the F word in it XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A la chingada...

    Spanish translation for the nice F word because this kind of needed a variation of the same sentiments.

    ReplyDelete