Friday, April 12, 2013

Part Two: Higher Ground

A bright light suddenly appeared, and I could hear this beeping noise and people talking. I thought "Oh shit, this it it. I'm dying, and I'm going toward the light."

I was anxious; fear gripped my heart. The steady beeping sound in the background sped up. I was so confused and I didn't understand. I was praying that this wasn't the end. That wasn't the way I wanted to go out. Although I didn't believe in God, that was My mom and Rhyan's thing. I was just releasing a prayer into the universe hoping that somehow it would work. Suddenly, without any notice the light grew brighter, and my eyes flew open as I let out a loud scream. Then I realized where I was and I saw Bre standing next to Hunter. Both just stood there absolutely terrified and staring.

"What the fuck?!" She exclaimed.

"Dude are you okay?" Hunter inquired.

I tried to move my arms, but only one flew up freely because the other was handcuffed to the arm of the bed. I touched my face and chest with my unrestrained hand. I kicked my feet, and blinked rapidly.

"HOLY SHIT! I'm alive!" I laughed.

They looked at each other totally confused.

"Uhhh... I'll go get the doctor. You stay here." He said to Bre.

 She approached the bed and sat down in the chair next to me, placing her hand on mine.

"Owen how do you feel?" She asked.

I thought about it for a second as I was slowly coming down from my shock of being alive. My head was kind of cloudy and I had a slight headache.

"Uh, I'm alright." Then I remembered. Audrey.

"Fuck! Oh fuck! She's dead isn't she! Bre, where is Audrey! What happened to Audrey?" I was suddenly panicked all over again, but this time for a completely different reason.

"Owen, calm down. Audrey is fine. She has a broken wrist, but she's alright." She stated calmly. "Breathe. It's alright." She looked at me funny, then looked over her shoulder at a police officer posted outside the door.

He was talking to Hunter and the doctor behind him. The policeman opened the door and allowed only the doctor into the room. Hunter yelled and cursed at the officer as he entered and asked Bre to leave.

"Hmphf." She said as she walked outside to join Hunter.

He approached the bed as the doctor began checking my vitals and asking me how I felt.

"Son, do you know where you are?" The doctor questioned.

"Well, I'm pretty sure this isn't a strip club considering the lack of half-naked girls. Lemme guess... I'm in a hospital and you're a doctor?" I replied sarcastically.

He looked at me for a moment and replied sarcastically, "Well you certainly seem to have your wits about you " He looked at his clipboard. "You seem to have overdosed on heroin. It was more than enough to kill you, but yet here you are. Your pretty little friend, and the good doctor got there just in time. Lucky you."

He wrote me a prescription and released me into police custody. They took me down to the station and I sat lightheaded, not to mention hungry, in an interrogation room. That was all too familiar. That's when an over sized detective that was bursting at the seams of his over-starched police uniform entered the room.

"Owen Thatcher, It's been a long time." He said as he took a seat at the table.

"Umm.. I'm sorry. Do I know you?" I asked.

He laughed, "Aww come on Owen. It hasn't been that long since the last time we saw one another. Take a guess."

Immediately, I began going backwards through my run-ins with cops. Then it hit me.

"You're that ATF bastard who put me in jail the first time because you believed that skank over me..." He looked shocked. "What? Did she give you a blowjob in your shiny, black SUV? A lapdance? Either way, I still got out, you got a demotion, you look like you ate Shaq and his mother, and you probably got chlamydia. Yeah, asshole, I remember you."

I smirked because he said nothing. We sat there for a moment as he tried to think of something to say.

"Awww," I laughed, "Seem to have suddenly lost what little balls you had to begin with? Look if you don't have anything productive to say, take these fuckin' handcuffs off of me and bring me some damn food. Then maybe you'll find your balls on the way back in. Got me?"

He rose slowly from the chair and exited the room. A few minutes later he returned with a cheeseburger, fries and a drink. He unlocked the handcuffs, and allowed me to eat in peace. When I was finished, he approached.

"So what's the deal, Detective Ardwell?" I belched.

"You act like such a hard ass, but we both know that you aren't. You're one weakness in this life is a pretty little girl who lets you into her bed. Now if you make any more smart-ass comments, I'm sure we can dig up some old charges for you and send your pussy ass off to prison. What do you think, Owen?"

I laughed, "I think I like it when you're feisty. Talk dirty to me Ardy!" I howled.

He slammed his fists down on the table. "Owen, shut up. You have no reason to laugh. You're in some serious shit!"

"Yeah, that's what they all say. So what is it this time?"

"Um, how about reckless endangerment to a minor, 2 accounts of capital murder, possession, and they are tying you back in with the cartel that you so eagerly became involved with."

"Ooooh, I'm so scared. Hold me Ardy. Whatever shall I do?" I began laughing uncontrollably, and he was obviously beyond frustrated.

"You'll be under police surveillance for the next 48 hours, then you'll be heading back to California to stay with your father, meet with your attorney and the FBI. I thought you'd like a little visit with your dear old dad. Especially considering how fond you are of him. See you around Owen." He said as he left me sitting in the room.

It wasn't until they released me, and I was back at my lovely little home that it hit me. I was going back to California.That thought was sickening, because it meant that I had to face my father. So I decided to spend the next few days high. I popped pills like candy, and got a little more than shit faced. Rhyan didn't even want to be in the same house with me, and I don't blame her. Then, I got a call in the middle of the night. It was Dawn asking me to go get Hunter. The next thing you know, I'm at the hospital because he got shot, and I'm paying off the nurses so they won't report it. After that everything was a blur, and I was on my private jet heading back to California with Dawn, Bre, Rhyan, Audrey, Hunter and Two-Bit. I knew Audrey was in the bedroom of the jet, and so I crept off to see her. I crawled into bed with her, fondling her breasts. I liked the way she responded by backing up into me.

"Hunter, what if someone comes in?" She asked, and my heart dropped.

I was beyond furious. I knew I was screaming, and I punched my best friend, but I couldn't stop my rage. Then suddenly everything was fine, and I was high as a kite. I sobered up right before we landed, said hello to Daniella, made one phone call, and I was off. It had been a while since I was able to ride my motorcycle down the highway in the Californian air. I soaked it in, and when I saw the sign that read 'Welcome to Charming' I knew I was finally home. I pulled up to an auto compound with a chain-link fence keeping people out. I rode down the concrete drive, parked it next to all the other bikes, and made my way inside.

The moment I opened the door, I was bombarded with a hug only a mother could give.

"Owen, baby! When did you get back?" She squealed.

She loosened her grip and kissed me on the cheek before stepping back.

"About 20 minutes ago." I said. She looked surprised.

She asked all kinds of questions about life in Tulsa, how I was doing, and why I hardly ever called. We sat down in the office, and I began to fill her in on everything.

"Shit, honey, you're in deep." She said, and that's when I heard him.

"Where is he? Gemma! Is he in there with you?" He yelled as he burst through the door and upon laying eyes on me, stopped dead in his tracks.

He simply walked to me, pulled me up from the chair, and gave me a hug.

"Good to see ya, Jax." I replied to his nonverbal hello.

"Are you here because of that Marco shit?" He inquired.

I nodded.

"Fuck! And Rhyan?" He raised his eyebrows. I knew that she would be one of the first things he asked about.

"At the house."

"She coming around?" Gemma asked.

I shrugged, and her face dropped. It was like you could literally see her heartbreak.

"We are having church tonight. You need to come." Jax stated. It had been so long since I sat at the table with the other sons. Technically, I had patched in a long time ago, right along side Jax, but that was a fact that not very many people outside of the club knew. We ventured out of the auto shop and into the clubhouse adjoined. Most of the guys were sitting around drinking when we entered, and then all eyes were on me. They all stood. Clay emerged from the chapel due to the silence and froze. He stared at me for a moment, almost like he was trying to decide if it was really me.

"The prodigal son returns!"He shouted, as he ran to me and picked me up. The room was then filled with cheers of excitement. In that moment, I could no longer remember why I chose to leave this place. What could have possibly prompted me to leave the only real family and brotherhood that I had ever known to move to fucking Tulsa?

That's when she walked in behind me. Again, the room stood still and silence lingered. I turned to see what they were staring at, and it was like a slap in the face. She hadn't changed at all. We just stared at one another. I think everyone was wondering the same thing I was, is she gonna stab me or will I stab her first?

"Hi..." She whispered and looked at the ground.

"Lillah." I said in acknowledgement, entirely unsure of any other appropriate greeting.

"Let's get to work ladies." Chibs demanded, and all of the sons cleared the room, but not before patting me on the back one at a time.

"How've ya been?" She asked darting behind the bar and grabbing a bottle of scotch.
She began taking long swigs of the brown liquid, barely taking a moment to breathe.

"Alright, I guess." I replied, sitting down on the other side of the bar, also grabbing a bottle and imitating her. We drank in silence for several moments, until she finally spoke up.

"Is it weird, that I miss you?" She asked, finally looking me in the eyes.

I stood up and made my way to her. I was inches from her face, when I placed my hand on her throat. I squeezed a little, causing her face to twist in pain. All of the emotions that I thought I had gotten over suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. I hated her, but I wanted her all at one time. Thats when I slammed her back against the wall, and kissed her as hard as I could. She bit my lip, and I grabbed her tightly. We moved through the clubhouse going from wall to wall, breaking glass, stumbling over bottles, knocking things off of the walls and shelves until we reached the pool table in the middle of the room. I threw her onto it, and began tearing the loose fabric she had draped on her. I could feel her hands on my zipper, and seconds later we were naked. She liked to be on top, so she shifted her weight and flipped me over. Grinding and rocking her hips in perfect rhythm, I grabbed her breasts hard. I wanted to be rough with her. She reached down and slapped me across the face as hard as she could. I'm sure to anyone within 3 miles we sounded like two crazed animals with the noises we were making. At some point we rolled too far and fell in the floor. We stayed there for a fleeting moment, and then managed to make it to the table in the corner. I'm not sure how, but we broke that too, and finally landed on the couch. I turned her around, ass facing me, pushed her head down onto the cushion, restrained her hands behind her back, and went as hard and as fast as I could. I knew she was probably still on the pill, so I didn't pull out. I fell backwards on the couch, desperately trying to catch my breath. I pulled up my pants, and stood to my feet. She was trying to cover herself, when Tig, one of the sons, walked in. He stood there, laughed, and then continued to do what he came for.
I finished buckling my pants, and left her in the clubhouse to go find Jax.

I stayed until late that night, long after the meeting was finished, and sat on the roof in my favorite spot. Everything was different from up there. It was peaceful, and calm. I was above all of my problems, because they all stayed below me, weighted to the ground. But I knew that I should go home, so I made the drive back to my house, and crept in the window to my room. I went straight to my bed, and collapsed. It felt so nice to be here, despite the circumstances, and my father. So I closed my eyes, pushed everything from my mind, and drifted off to sleep.

The next day I awoke to the sound of shrieking girls running through the halls of my typically quiet home. I decided that I wanted something to eat, so I made my way to the kitchen, trying, and succeeding I might add, to avoid everyone. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. It was unusual to have visitors without having to buzz them through the front gate. When I opened the door, Jax Teller stood before me.

"Hey Owe. I just came to invite you all to a party at the clubhouse tomorrow night." He said.

We stood there and talked for a minute, and I informed him that he would have to convince Rhyan somehow.
"Oh don't worry. I know just the thing." He said slyly.

I learned to never underestimate Jax Teller. He was a sneaky son of a bitch, and that will never change.  But before the party I went for a ride on my bike- just enjoying being back in the best place on earth. That is, until Rhyan cut me off in the middle of the street, damn near killing me because she had just run to to Jax.

"What! The. Fuck! Did you do?!" She screamed while lunging from her car and running toward me.

"What are you talking about! You just tried to kill me! Have you lost your fucking mind?" I argued back. I picked up my bike to check for damage as she jumped on me. Slapping and hitting me wildly.

"Do you know who I just ran into? No! Let me rephrase that! Do you know who just basically had me kidnapped so he could say 'hello!'" I restrained her hands, and she fought back, pulling away from me. She began waving her finger in my face.

"I saw him at the house! You were there last night, weren't you?! You told him I was here!" She spun around, hands on her head grabbing fistfuls of her hair. "You ass! God! Why? Why did you do that? Are you trying to hurt me?! Is that what you're doing?" She gazed at me anticipating some sort of heartfelt response, but I didn't know what to say.

"Nevermind!" She said as she slapped me in face. "Get your ass in the car." As she motioned the car, a cop pulled up behind us.

He got out, and asked some questions. Rhyan told him what a prick I've been, and, of course, the cop took her side. Therefore, I was forced to get in the car with my emotionally unstable sister, because he impounded my bike.

When we got back to the house, she was still ranting and raving, all of our friends stared. That's when our father came downstairs and I made myself scarce. I didn't care to talk to him or even hear his voice.

That night I stayed with Jax. We reminisced about the old days and Opie, our other friend we grew up with, came over to visit. I felt a little out of place considering the two of them both wore their cuts, and had grown out their hair and beards. While I was clean shaven, and had short black hair. My cut was in Jax's closet, because he always knew I would come back. However, around one or two in the morning we had to go handle club business, and part of that meant cleaning up after Lillah.

The next day, I hung around the shop, and did whatever Clay asked. I was no prospect, but it had been a while since I had been there, and I wanted him to know that I still cared. That night was the party. Rhyan and some of the gang arrived. I saw them come in while I was joking around with some of the guys, and one girl in particular caught my eye. She was wearing the smallest leather mini skirt I had ever seen, torn fishnet stockings, combat boots, and a loose white shirt that hung off of her shoulder exposing her black lace bra. Her blonde hair fell in loose curls down to her elbows, and as she continued to take shots, she flicked it back off of her shoulders. The guys seemed to like her and she was a big hit. She danced and swayed slightly out of time to the music, and held a cigarette in her hand. Memories flooded my mind, but I pushed them out making room for only her.

To be honest, I had never paid her much attention. She was simply there. However, over the course of the last few days, I began to notice things about her. Like how pale her skin was that it almost matched her hair, the translucent, electric blue of her round eyes which was magnified by the black eyeliner she caked on. She was so thin, but in a way that still made her extremely attractive. Other than her physical appearance, I think it was her wild personality that really drew me to her.
As I took it all in, she met my gaze and held it. Finally, she sauntered across the room, and pressed her body against mine.

"Dance with me." Was all she said. I let my hands roam, and she didn't stop me. We continuously ground our hips together, and exchanged a few laughs. She finally faced me, with one hand on the back of my neck, I looked into her eyes, but I noticed she wasn't looking into mine. She was staring at my lips as she licked hers. Out of all my experience, that was a sure fire way to tell when a girl wanted to kiss you. So I did. At first I was gentle, but then her kiss grew hungry. She wrapped her arm farther around my neck, and with the other she held my face. I grabbed one of her legs with my hand as I pushed her gently against the closest wall. I heard whistles, laughter and applause erupt throughout the room, and I knew it was for us.

She continued to kiss me even though she was laughing, and I could feel her smiling. Then she pulled away for just a second, because she could no longer be serious.

"Bre, I don't think I have ever told you this, but damn you're hot." I said, and we both continued to laugh for just a moment.

"Let's go do some more shots." She demanded, grabbing my shirt by the collar and pulling me over to the bar. Just as soon as we sat down, and poured our drinks Rhyan came bursting into the room dragging Audrey across the floor. Her eyes were barely open, and her head lulled to the side. Jax followed behind them, and I immediately knew what had happened.

Rhyan whirled some harsh words directed at Jax, but he handled himself. I could see his obstinance at work, and he gave her a cold stare. He was attempting to hide the the things he was feeling. Rhyan shouldn't talk to him like that. I knew she hated when he did stupid stuff, but yelling at him, and saying cruel things to him doesn't make it better. It only fuels his fire. He finally succumbed, motioning for Gemma to help them. The two of the carried Audrey out to the car, all the while assuring Rhyan that she would be fine. The few people we brought with us from Tulsa scurried out of the room and piled into the car. As they drove away, and peeled out of the compound. Jax came up behind me and slapped his hand on my right shoulder. It was something we all did as a part of our brotherhood. It signified our unity and that your brothers were behind you. I turned to face him after Rhyan and the gang were out of sight. He had a strange expression on his face.

Somehow, he knew that He should've done something different with Rhyan. Regret seemed to fill his eyes.

"Did you know?" He questioned

I cocked my head to the side. I had no idea what he was talking about and he could see that.

"That she is pretty much in love with someone else?"

Still nothing.

"Uh, I think his name is Dallas? Gemma told me." He stated. I knew there was a wild look in my eye because he took a few steps back. "You didn't know?"

"I need to go home." I started walking to the gate.
Then something slammed into the back of my head making me dizzy. I staggered forward, almost falling down but I managed to catch my balance. Her guy wrenching cry echoed off of the metal walls and I turned just in time to dodge her attack. She skidded across the concrete upon hitting the ground. Her blood staining the clean surface. She pulled herself up onto all fours slowly, and Jax joined my side.

I was expecting her to try again but she stayed there, weeping. I was a jerk, and considering her behavior I was sure she had seen Bre and I.

"I hate you." She whispered through her tears, and began shaking. She curled up into a ball there on the ground.

"You have no reason to. I only treat you that way you've treated me. " I stepped around her and waved to Jax. I figured a long walk home would do me some good.

When I got there most everyone was I'm bed, or in their room, everyone except for Hunter and Bre. They were sitting in the theatre room, whispering. Upon entering the room, their murmurings came to a cease. Bre jumped up as I drew nearer.
"You're bleeding!" She cried. Then she rushed off to get something to clean the wound that Lillah had caused and left me there with Hunter. I took a seat on a plush chair across from him. The last time I talked to him, I dang near knocked him out. We glanced around the room awkwardly, unsure of what to say to the other.

"I'm sorry man." I stated.

"Me too." He replied, and with that we shook hands, smiling.

Hunter soon left to go check on Audrey, and Bre returned. She patched up the wound, and wrapped her arms around my neck from behind. She unbuttoned the top three buttons of my shirt, and lightly touched my skin. Her warm hands slid further beneath the fabric as she placed her mouth on my ear and nibbled lightly. I knew she wanted to finish what we had started earlier. I reached up and grabbed her hair at the base of her neck, pulling gently. That's when she climbed over the chair and into my lap.She was straddling me, and I noticed that she was no longer wearing the same outfit as before. Now it was just this loose over sized t shirt that hung off her shoulders. I knew that I needed to be gentle. I knew Bre, and I liked her. She was just as haunted as I was, and she masked her pain with a coldness, and attempted to wash away the pain in the form of a bottle or a drug of choice. I think more or less we understood each other, but I was in no way ready to settle down. I knew she wasn't either, so this would do. No complications, just simple understanding of the other, and sex. Always sex.
I lifted the shirt to reveal nothing underneath, and she unbuckled my pants. I pushed her backwards on the soft pillows of the theatre room chairs. I went soft and slow, and kissed her til she was breathless. As I finished, so did she. I stopped and looked at her, still on top of her.
She slid her hand through my hair, kissed me on the mouth, and pushed me aside. She was at the door before I could figure out what happened.
She giggled and batted her eyes at me from the doorway.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." She said, so I followed. Needless to say, I kept her entertained all night.

That morning, I went to meet with my attorney, and they set up a six week period in rehab back in Tulsa. They had nothing really, so they let me off easy. So after a long day of legal bullshit, I entered my house just as there was a knock on the front door. Dawn followed me into the entry way, and that's when I found Gemma, Jax, Chibs and Lillah on my door step. I would have been more than eager to invite them in had Lillah not been with them, but I decided to anyway. We all went into the living room, and just as we did, Rhyan walked in. Immediately, her and Lillah were at it while the rest of us stood in awe at how well Rhyan was fighting. The last time they got into it Lillah pulled a knife on Rhyan, but no one really won because Chibs stopped them. This time, Rhyan showed Lillah up big time, and summed it all up to "being a greaser."

I knew the reason Jax came to the house; he wanted to apologize to Rhyan, but when Gemma instructed him to escort Lillah home he knew that his apology would just have to wait. I knew eventually he would wind up in Tulsa to see her. When they left Gemma apologized on behalf of both of her children, and both her and Chibs wanted to make sure they got to hug us before we took off again.

Finally, Gemma and Chibs left, and Dawn had gone to bed, leaving me and Rhyan alone. Tears streaming down her face, she broke down and begged for us to go home. Somehow I knew that bringing her back here would be too much for her. So I agreed, kissed her on the forehead, and we left for Tulsa  the next morning. Audrey was still passed out, and Hunter was glued to her side. It was odd to see him like that with her. I knew he was, and always had been, overly fond of Audrey, but the way he was acting was something entirely different. I didn't know that I liked it though. I mean, Bre and I definitely had a mutual thing going, but I wanted Audrey desperately. No matter how much my best friend felt for her, I would have done anything to get what I wanted. So as I sat talking to Bre and Dawn, while Rhyan talked to Tibbs, because let's face it: he wasn't my biggest fan, I began to scheme. I revamped my original plan, and knew exactly what I needed to do to possess Audrey.

When we landed in Tulsa, I moved my plan into Phase Two.

8 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ, man. Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. what you need is a swift kick in the ass :p, save it player lol. the last thing you need is more vagina.

      Delete
    2. Haha that's what you say now, but soon you'll be singing a different tune ;)

      Delete
    3. You post about how much you want Audrey, but then you try to pick up Dawn...someone's horny....

      Delete
    4. Hurt my sister and I WILL kick you're ass Thatcher

      Delete